“Riverfront on the James” Development

Renovation of Hydroelectric Plant

The historic power plant originally provided hydroelectric power for Richmond’s early electric trolley system. This structure was constructed in 1900 of masonry and needed complete refurbishing with new roof deck, exterior coating, windows along the James River side, and new floor structure built above the flood level elevation. 

In addition to preserving the property’s historic significance, the client saved two million dollars in renovation costs due to our value engineering approach.